HTC Explorer, the low budget phone from HTC get some love from Developer community. Unofficial Build of CyanogenMod 9 is available for HTC Explorer. CyanogenMod 9 is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and it brings all ICS and other CM goodness to HTC Explorer. Officially you won’t get Android 4.0 ICS update for HTC Explorer but you want to taste ICS, you can try this ROM.
Right now ROM is suitable for daily use but problem may occur as it yet to hit stable version.
[box type=”warning”] Flashing ROM will void your warranty or may dead your Explorer. This ROM is compatible with International HTC Explorer/Pico, don’t try to flash on any other phone. Razzil will not be responsible for any damage.[/box]
- Phone must be Rooted and CWM Installed on it. (Check our tutorial)
- Make sure that your phone is charged at least 70%
- Backup all your personal data, because this method will wipe everything from your phone (No need to backup SD Card)
- Download ROM zip & Google Apps (Optional) zip file from here
Instructions to Install CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM on HTC Explorer:
- I assume you downloaded ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file from above link.
- Connect your phone to PC and mount it as ‘Disk Drive’ so that you can transfer files on it.
- Copy both the files to root of your SD Card
- Now Disconnect phone from PC and Boot it into Recovery mode ( Press Volume Up & OK + Power buttons )
- Once you’re in recovery, now quickly make Nandroid backup so that you can switch to stock rom again. See our tutorial here
- From Main menu, Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and then select ‘yes’
- Select ‘Wipe data & cache’ and then select ‘yes’
- Now go to ‘select zip from SD Card’ option and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Here you’ve to choose the CM9 ROM zip file you copied in SD card
- Wait for process to complete, After the installation is finished, now flash Google Apps in a similar way (No need to clear cache).
- Go back to main menu and select ‘Reboot now’ to reboot your phone in normal mode.
Kudos! You’ve successfully installed CyanogenMod 9 ROM on HTC Explorer.