XDA Developer hasoon2000 released All-in-toolkit for the Mid-Range phone HTC Desire X. All-in-one toolkit is a GUI program that allows user to perform different activities on their phone such as Unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Kernel, Flashing Recovery, Rooting and much more on HTC Desire X. The Toolkit is for Newbies users who are new in Android hacking and want to hack their Desire X.
All-in-one toolkit allow users to Root & Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on HTC Desire X.
Rooting phone will void your warranty or may cause damage to your phone. Please read the instructions carefully. Razzil will not be responsible for any damage.
- Phone must be charged
- Download All in One Toolkit
- Get Unlock_code from htcdev.com/bootloader
Instructions to Root & Install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire X:
- Login to HTCDev site and follow the instruction to acquire unlock_code.bin
- Download “All in One Toolkit” from above link and extract it in your computer
- Now drag unlock_code.in to “Data” folder. For e.g c:/Desire_X_All-In-One_Kit_v1.1/Data
- Double click Desire X to open the application
- Select “Install HTC Drivers” and click “Go” to install all drivers. (Avoid if already installed)
- Reboot your phone into Fastboot (Volume Down + Power)
- Connect your phone to PC via USB Cable
- Select “5. Unlock Bootloader” and click “Go” to unlock Bootloader of Desire X.
- The phone will restart
- Now you’re ready to Root & Install CWM in your phone
- Reboot your phone into Bootloader (you can use the application), Enter into fastboot.
- Select “ClockWorkMod” in the application & click “Flash Recovery” button to flash CWM Recovery
- Once CWM Recovery installed, you can use the same application to Root your phone