Samsung start sending out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to all over the world. After the upgrading your phone to ICS and you need to root it to take full advantage of your phone. This tutorial help you to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 on Official ICS 4.0.3 firmware. You need ODIN and Rooting package to root your phone. Remember previous root method will not work with ICS 4.0.3 firmware. So make sure you’ll apply this method to ICS firmware only.
Rooting phone will void your warranty and this method is applicable to ICS 4.0.3 firmware only.
Prepare your phone:
- Download XXLPQ Rooting Package
- Backup your data
- Make sure you’ve min 60% of battery
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer
Instructions to Root Galaxy S2 on Official ICS 4.0.3 firmware:
- Extract the downloaded file on your PC/laptop
- Run Odin from that folder and install it
- Remove and reinsert battery and boot your phone into Download Mode by holding Volume down key, Center button and Power button
- Connect your phone to PC/laptop via USB Cable
- You can see that the ID: COM section turn Yellow on Odin
- Click on “PDA” tab and select “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5” in your downloaded file
- Click “Start” to start the rooting process. It takes almost 2-3 minutes
- Your phone will rebooted automatically and it’ll enter into normal booting mode
- Remove the USB cable and reinsert the battery.
- Enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + OK button
- In recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”
- Now reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now”
- Kudos you’ve successfully rooted your phone