Today Google Officially announced new Android platform i.e. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich – a new version of Android that brings a refined, unified user experience for phones and tablets. Android 4.0 features efficient multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, new interactive UI, resizable widgets and new People app.
One of the most important functions of Ice Cream Sandwich is that it unites phones and tablets of all sizes.Now its easy for Developers to built apps on unified platform that works on all form-factors.
[iframe: width=”540″ height=”304″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/-F_ke3rxopc?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
Features of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich:
- Unified UI:This time Android core team focus more on UI bring the Unified UI that allow users to navigate, intuitive gestures, redefined animations. An entirely new typeface perfectly optimized for high-resolution smartphone and tablets which improves readability and handling. Virtual buttons in the System Bar let users navigate instantly to Back, Home, and Recent Apps. The System Bar and virtual buttons are present across all apps, but can be dimmed by applications for full-screen viewing.
- New Lock screen:Now users can do many activity without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, users can jump directly to home screen or camera. You can check your message from notification window by simply pulling down. You can also manage music tracks without unlocking your phone.
- Resizable widgets:Android 4.0 gives you full control over widgets. you can embed live applications content directly through interactive widgets. Users can resize the widget according to its need.
- Multitasking:The Recent Apps button lets users jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. You can kill the application by simple swiping the app thumbnail from the list.
- Home screen: Users can manage their apps, shortcuts on new home screen folders, users can group apps just by dragging one onto another. even users can uninstall or disable a pre-installed app.
- Improved text input:Users found improved text input and spell-checking in Android 4.0. It adds a spell-checker that locates and underlines errors and suggests possible replacement words. With one tap, users can choose from spelling suggestions, delete a word, or add it to the dictionary so that next time you’ll not get any error when you type. Users can even tap to see replacement suggestions for words that are spelled correctly. For specialized features or additional languages, users can now download and install third-party dictionaries, spell-checkers, and other text services.
- Voice Input:Now users can dictate the text by voice input. Users can speak continuously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences.
- Data Tracker:User won’t need any app to track their data usage. Android 4.0 has built-in data tracker which manage network data usage.
- People App: People app offers richer profile information, including a large profile picture, phone numbers, addresses and accounts, status updates, events, and a new button for connecting on integrated social networks like Facebook Google+, LinkedIn etc.
- Improved camera:Android 4.0 comes with many camera features like continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoon, snapshots of video, face detection and panorama. Continous focus and zero shutter lag decrease the image taking time. you can quickly snap as many as photos without delaying. Users can now take snapshots of the current video by simply tapping the screen as video continues to record. With Panorama, users can capture large screen photos by slowly turns the camera. later camera multiplex the images into single image.
- Gallery:Now user can edit their pictures with built-in photo editor. Users can manage their collections in new magazine style layout which offer larger thumbnails. Photos can be shorted by times, location, people and tags.
- NFC: Users can share their contacts, app, videos, apps, music between two NFC enabled handsets. You just need to touch one Android-powered phone to another then tap to send. Android Beam makes the sharing convenient to the users.
- Face Unlock:Face Unlock is a new screen-lock option that lets users unlock their devices with their faces.
- Improved Gmail
- Built-in screen capture.
[…] and Google has launched the new ‘GALAXY Nexus’ powered by Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Galaxy Nexus has 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor with 4.65 Super AMOLED display at 720p resolution. […]