Samsung Galaxy S III – The phone designed for humans are cracked by human (Chainfire) brings the CWM recovery on Galaxy S3. This tutorial will install the ClockworkMod (CWM recovery on your phone. It’s early build of CWM and it may contains bugs. Follow this simple tutorial to Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S III i9300.
What is ClockworkMod recovery (CWM)?
The ClockworkMod recovery mode is different from the Normal recovery Mode .It provides very different options that normal recovery doesn’t have. You can perform several advance task such as recovery, restoration, installation etc. You can also able to install custom ROMs and many more with your S3.
- Download ODIN3
- Download CWM Recovery Package
- Install KIES on your computer, it insures that you’ve proper drivers.
- Backup your data
- Make sure your phone has 60% battery
Instructions to Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery in Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300:
- Extract and Install ODIN in your PC/laptop
- Extract the CWM Recovery Package in your PC/laptop
- Start Odin3
- Turn off your Galaxy S III and start in Download Mode (Turn Off, then hold Volume Down + Home button + Power )
- Once your phone is in Download mode than connect your phone to PC via USB cable. You’ll notice that ID: COM section will turn yellow
- Now Click on PDA button and select the tar file (it should be like CF-SGS3-CWM-vX.X-vY.Y.tar) in the extracted package of CWM Recovery.
- Click on Start button to trigger the ClockworkMod installation.
- Wait for the phone to reboot.
- Now download the Superuser application from Play Store.
Congratulation, You’ve successfully installed the CWM Recovery on Galaxy S3. Now you may go through this thread and thanks the developer or you can also shoot the question regarding this recovery.