Tata Sky Mobile Access has launched its Android app which allows users to use their device as a Universal remote. iPhone app already in the market and now they move their service to Android OS.
The app allows users to browse through 4-day programme listings, read extended information for movies and set your favorite show for recording. With social integration, you can share what you’re watching with your twitter and Facebook friends.
Below video is the t.v commercial of Tata Sky Mobile Access:
[iframe: width=”540″ height=”304″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/CxUZCy5omnQ?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
- See what your Facebook friends are watching and set reminders for your favorite shows
- Use your phone to control the TV and set top box
- Discover the most-watched and highest-rated shows
- Browse the Program Guide in English or Hindi, and make a list of your favorite channels
- Read extensive information about your chosen show, through IMDB and Wikipedia
To use this app as a Universal Remote, you will need an MP3 Mobile Accessory. To order, SMS MOB to 56633 from your RWN. The money will be charged to your Tata Sky account. The cost of MP3 mobile accessory is Rs. 350 so you must have a min balance of Rs. 350 in your Tata Sky account for the order to be processed.
This app runs on Android 2.2 (or higher).