Sony Xperia Sola got rooted by developer DoomLord. The phone has 1 GHz STE U8500 Dual Core processor, 5 MP camera and NFC, 512 MB of RAM. Here Rooting is done by Kernel and you need Fastboot in your PC. The phone has decent specs and you’ll able to extract more from this phone after rooting. This simple tutorial help you to Root Sony Xperia Sola, but before proceeding to root process, please unlock the bootloader of the phone. In any rooting process, backup is necessary. So Backup your phone to avoid any data loss.
Advantage of Rooting:
- You Can remove all junky system apps that you don’t want to use.
- You can install clockwork recovery mode(CWM)
- You can install any ROM on your phone.
- Improved the performance of phone.
This process was made only for Sony Xperia Sola, don’t try to attempt this method on any other Xperia phone. Rooting phone will void your warranty or may cause damage to your phone. Please read the instructions carefully. Razzil will not be responsible for any damage.
- Download Kernel.elf
- Download Sony PC Companion
- Unlock the bootloader of Sony Xperia Sola, Guide here
- Download fastboot file
- Backup your phone in case something gone wrong
- Min. 60% battery
Instructions to Root Sony Xperia Sola:
- Download the Kernel.elf and save it to the fastboot binaries folder or if you’ve android sdk then copy it to the “…\android-sdk\platform-tools” folder.
- Switch off your phone
- Reinsert the battery and start the phone in fastboot mode ( Hold Power Down and Volume Up key)
- Connect your mobile with computer
- Open the command prompt and heads to fastboot folder
- enter the following command ‘fastboot flash boot kernel.elf’
- Wait for the process to complete. Once done
- restart your phone by typing following command ‘fastboot reboot’.
Kudos You’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Sola.