Samsung Galaxy S3 is close to get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update soon and before the official release, the firmware leaked by SamMobile. This is PRE_RELEASE version and may contain bugs. If you’re new to flashing then please do not install this firmware as Official update is just a couple of weeks ago.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean goodness
- A new clock (in line with JB vanilla) in the notification bar.
- A function called “Dormant mode”
- Google Now is accessed by touching the Google Search widget
- A couple of new Live Wallpapers
- “Palm swipe” lets you take a screenshot
[box type="warning"] This process was made only for GT-I9300 and GT-I9300T devices only, don’t try to attempt this method on any other model. Please make a backup of your data and current ROM before flashing firmware. Please read the instructions carefully. Razzil will not be responsible for any damage.[/box]
Instructions to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Leaked Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download and install ODIN3, Odin is popular utility to flash firmware’s, kernels on Samsung phones.
- Download and install KIES on your PC/laptop. it insures that you’ve proper drivers.
- Download I9300XXDLG4_NO_CSC_NO_MODEM.zip from above link and extract it to your computer
- Turn off the phone, Restart it into download mode by pressing Home + Power + Volume down button
- Start ODIN and connect phone to PC and wait until you get a yellow sign
- Click on PDA button and select CODE_I9300XXDLG4_11164_REV00_eng_mid_noship.tar.md5 (you’ll find this in folder you extracted in step 3)
- Now click on Start to start flashing firmware on Galaxy S3
- Once the flashing is over, the phone will have booted into a boot loop
- Remove the battery and put it back again and Boot the phone into recovery mode (Home + Power + Volume up)
- Once you’re in recovery, now select wipe/factory reset
- Reboot the phone and enjoy the firmware
by Raza Rahil Hussain